Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Life is a rollercoaster ride

Lots has happened since I last sat down to post. I have been getting our house ready for our 9 visitors. We are very excited! It is going to be close quarters, but so much fun. It's a gift for us to be able to have them here and spend time with aj. It comes at a very busy time of the year for me at work but I have had lots of help! I think, sometimes, we have to do the same thing with our relationship with God. As our daily lives click along, we let our everyday stuff clutter up our relationship with God, just like everyday stuff clutters our house after a while. I know the busier I am, the messier my house gets. I don't have the time to clean everything up as much as I should. When I do have the time I am very tired. I think God expects us to occasionally clean out our own spiritual house from the stuff that builds up. Moods, attitudes, thoughts and sometimes habits we let creep in. I know I don't meditate on the word of God as much as I should. What good is reading it if you don't really think about what it means?

We had a close call. My middlest angel had an car collision. It shook her up pretty good and bumped her head. It's one of the calls every parent dreads "mom, I had an accident" One friend asked if she got in big trouble. She thought it was an odd question. She didn't get in trouble, she wasn't doing anything distracting. She was just tired and didn't see the car coming. It shook us too, when we looked at the car and realized how easily it could have hit her right on her door and really hurt her instead of at her back tire. God's hand is everywhere. I wish I had listened to the little voice (God)that told me she shouldn' be out driving at that place at that time after her long hours of work. But I was trying to not be a helicopter mom and trying to let go of my child a little since she is almost 18. The use of the word child tells you I have a long way to go:)
Every so often God reminds me He gave me that little voice in my head for a reason and I should listen. Some day, my kids will have it too and then understand it. Well, I better go and see which David won Idol.

No comments: