Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Vacations all I ever wanted, vacation have to get away"

Okay, I have really dated myself with the song lyric by the Go Gos. We are on vacation and having a great time. It is so relaxing to spend time with my best friend. Have you ever noticed those people in your life that no matter what you do with them, working, playing or relaxing, you have fun? That is the nature of my friendship. They are refreshing! They are many things. We have so much fun with them. Usually we laugh so hard I think I am going to stroke out or wet my pants. They are the only people we have ever vacationed with because we all relax and try and do things everyone wants to do. There is no hidden agenda. They are generous and giving to everyone. Everytime we visit we have spa day. I am sporting art on my toes and fingers this year. This year is a little stressful for them as they have a wedding coming up. i am getting to help out with Mick's culinary endeavors for the rehearsal dinner so it's going to be fun.

As we were getting our spa treatment today, the topic turned to some discussion about hurt feelings and stepping back from things, etc. God reminded me that sometimes, we just have to let it go. I think we hang on to things longer if they hurt us as opposed to making us angry. I have been trying to remember and pass on to my youngest that we are responsible for forgiving people whether they apologize or not. They may never be sorry, or even know what they did. Some will never apologize. It is our responsibility to forgive and move on. We have to be responsible for ourselves. God doesn't tell us to forgive when the offender has apologized. Carnal nature says we are doing someone a favor when we forgive them because they don't deserve it. God's nature says, we forgive. The reality is...forgiveness is so that the root of bitterness doesn't take hold in the heart of the offended. If the offender doesn't have remorse, forgiveness means nothing to them, but the offended has a whole heart. Okay, guess that was the word for the day. The family is rock climbing, I am going to watch my friend practice her dinner theatre and wish I was in it. The days are slipping by too quickly for only seeing them once a year.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Great talk on forgiveness! I agree!!
And I'm jealous of your pedicure! Lol.